Lindsay Lohan to be charged with grand theft!!!
Prosecutors said Tuesday they plan to charge Lindsay Lohan with felony grand theft of a $2,500 necklace reported stolen from a jewelry store last month — the most serious count the actress has faced in more than three years of trouble with the law.
Los Angeles police said Feb. 2 that Lohan was under investigation for taking a necklace from a Venice store later identified as Kamofie and Co. Detectives obtained a search warrant to try to retrieve the item from Lohan’s home, but it was turned in to a police station before any search was made. Police said they had no update on the case Tuesday and did not say whether the actress had made arrangements to turn herself in at court or at a police station. Robison said bail would be decided by a judge.
A phone message to Lohan’s attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, was not immediately returned. Holley has previously denied any wrongdoing by Lohan.
“We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press,” Holley said in a statement released Saturday.
The new case represents the most serious charges the “Mean Girls” star has ever faced. Arrested twice in 2007, Lohan was charged with drunken driving and drug possession, but both were misdemeanors. Lohan remains on probation for drunken driving. A judge had threatened to throw her in jail if she ran into trouble again. Prosecutors in Riverside County have been considering whether to press charges against Lohan for a December altercation with a worker from the Betty Ford Center, where she was being treated.