BMW 1 Series M coupe
The new 1 M Coupe: The spirt of an e30 M in a new body.
Widened fenders and track. M3 Brakes – 14.2 inch front, 13.8 inch rear. M3 GTS competition wheels – 19×9” with 245/35/19 tires front and 19×10” w/ 265/35/19 tires rear. Weight balance of 51.7% front 48.3% rear.
Twin-turbocharged, all aluminum, 3.0L inline 6 cylinder engine, with direct injection. 335hp @ 5900rpm, 332lb-ft torque from 1500-4500rpm (with +37lb-ft overboost), 7,000 rpm redline. 4.7 second 0-60mph / 4.9 second 0-100kmh, 13.2 second quarter mile.
- High strength steel unibody with widened fenders and track
- Metal roof panel (saves 35lbs over 1-series with moonroof)
- Aluminum suspension from E90/E92 M3. Virtually all of the front-end components are aluminum; virtually every detail on the five-arm rear axle is made of aluminum
- Weight balance of 51.7% front 48.3% rear
- Weighs in at 1,495kg DIN (3,296 lbs, preliminary)
- Brakes from M3 featuring internally-vented, cross drilled cast icon discs – 14.2 inch front, 13.8 inch rear. Each disc is connected to a floating aluminum hub by cast-in stainless-steel pins which reduces the thermal loads on the discs, thus increasing their performance and service life.
- Dash display brake wear indicator monitors condition of the brake linings.
- M3 Competition / M3 GTS competition wheels – 19×9” with 245/35/19 tires front and 19×10” w/ 265/35/19 tires rear
- Rack-and-pinion steering with hydralic power steering (Servotronic)
- Free revving twin-turbocharged, all aluminum, 3.0L inline 6 cylinder engine, with direct injection
- 335hp @ 5900rpm
- 332lb-ft torque from 1500-4500rpm (with +37lb-ft overboost)
- 7,000 rpm redline
- 4.7 second 0-60mph / 4.9 second 0-100kmh
- 13.2 second quarter mile
- 155mph top speed
- M Drive button actives razor sharp throttle response program
- 6-speed manual transmission with dry sump cooling system and 3.15:1 final drive ratio, with M gearshift knob
- Upgraded flywheel for use with high torque
M DIFFERENTIAL / TRACTION CONTROL:
- Variable M differential lock for optimum rear wheel drive traction
- DSC traction control
- MDM (M Dynamic Mode) mode allows less intervention from DSC system for more oversteer and maximum performance
AERODYNAMICS: AIR CURTAINS
- Air curtains, used here for the first time in a BMW production vehicle, improve air flow around the wheel arches with the benefit of significantly reduced turbulence. This innovative aerodynamic feature consists of openings in the outer section of the lower front fascia that route high-pressure air through ducts at each front corner. The ducts are approximately 10 x 3 centimeters wide and are designed to channel air to openings at the front of each wheel arch, where it is discharged through a very narrow opening at high speed. The escaping air stream covers the side of the front wheels like a curtain, thereby reducing aerodynamically unfavorable turbulence around the rotating wheels. (Technology stems from BMW Vision Efficientdynamics).